(Image from this gratitude list)
1. Sunny Day Pub has a new book out! “Wake Up, Beautiful Girl” is the beautiful, empowering story of how Lilly starts her morning with Cystic Fibrosis. What a beautiful book!
2. Impromptu work sessions with other busy women
3. The way the web is the virtual water cooler now (for the self-employed, work-from-home professionals, and even retirees!)
4. …and when the web is the water cooler, it seems like EVERYbody is talking about the same things! (Trending in my circles right now: Seth Godin’s Poke the Box. Haven’t had time to read it yet.)
5. Garrett, who posts on Good List Daily, is also a power-Twitterer with the best tweets! Every time I see his name or @JenipherLyn in my twitter stream, I smile.
6. Driving home this afternoon, the rain had stopped and the light was filtered through the watercolored sky, and I couldn’t help but be happy about absolutely everything in my life.
7. Billie Holiday
8. Big warm sweaters
9. Candid comments that make you smile
10. “When things are shaky and nothing is working, we might realize that we are on the verge of something. We might realize that this is a very vulnerable and tender place, and that tenderness can go either way. We can shut down and feel resentful or we can touch in on that throbbing quality.” — Pema Chödrön (When Things Fall Apart)