1. Six years ago today, I watched my grandson, Andrew, being born!
2. One of the most important invitations of my life was to be invited into the delivery room!
3. When Andrew was a baby, his brother Nate, who is 2 years older, couldn’t understand that one day he would be able to play with him!
4. Now Nate and Andrew are best friends and playmates — they even recently decided together that they wanted to be roommates!
5. Andrew has this wide open happy face and is always eager about something or another.
6. When he was really young, he was a little shy with me, but now when he sees me, he comes racing into my arms yelling, “G-Ma! G-Ma! G-Ma!”
7. He is a very affectionate, curious, and happy boy.
8. It’s hard to believe he is six years old today!
9. We are getting a brick with his name on it from his grade school to put outside, among other things.
10. This afternoon, I am sneaking into their story time to read, “Happy Birthday to You” by Dr. Seuss to Andrew and his whole class.
Happy Birthday, Andrew Robert Floyd! Hooray! Yahoo! Yippee!